Welcome! We are very pleased to have you at the Haiku Cannery Inn.
1) Only registered guests have permission to use the premises.
2) 5 MPH speed limit on driveway. Please be cautious of and courteous to children, pets and neighbors.
3) Standard check-in time is 3:00 PM but is flexible. If you need a different check-in time, just let me know. Standard check-out time is 11:00 AM. Check-out time can often be extended. Just ask.
4) No smoking inside buildings. Illegal drugs are not permitted on the premises.
5) Total number of guests is limited by Maui County regulations to two adult guests and two minor guests per bedroom. If you have additional members in your party we can usually accommodate them. Please let me know so we can make arrangements.
6) Please park in the designated onsite parking area.
7) Parties are not permitted per our County permit. Amplified sound that is audible beyond the property boundaries is not permitted.
8) Quiet hours are from 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM. Noise and activity by guests must not disturb other guests or neighbors.
9) Please lock your door when you are away. Haiku Cannery Inn cannot be responsible for loss. We’ve never had a problem in 40 years here, but it’s best to be safe.
10) Because of the potential for allergen aversity and sensitivity in guests as well as damage to property, in respect for others please refrain from bringing animals with you during your stay with us.
11) Criminal activity or conduct on the premises is not permitted.
II. Payment Policy:
1) Reservations must be secured with a 50% deposit.
2) Full-payment must be received 30 days before arrival for the Inn and 60 days before arrival for the Meadow Cottage.
3) If paying by check, checks should be made out to Haiku Cannery Inn and mailed to 1061 Kokomo Road Haiku HI 96708.
III. Cancellation Policy:
1) $50.00 rebooking fee applies to all cancelled reservations.
2) If you cancel your reservation within 30 days of your scheduled arrival for the Inn or within 60 days of your scheduled arrival for the Meadow Cottage, your refund (less $50 re-booking fee and any transaction fees we incur, such as credit card transaction fees) will be to the extent the room(s) are re-booked. Refund will be based upon the difference, if any, between your booking value and the replacement booking.
IV. Additional charges:
1) Hawaii state tax, 13.48% (4.167% General Excise Tax and remainder as Transient Accommodation Tax) as of January, 2013, will be added.
2) By prior arrangement or as stated in advertised specials, you may reserve a room in the main house for fewer than the minimum three nights. However if your stay is less than three nights, a $25 cleaning fee will be added.
3) Any cleaning fee for Meadow Cottage will be stated at time of booking and the amount may vary by season, stay length, and number of guests.
You agree to be financially responsible for any loss or damage you cause to the premises or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
Our Bed and Breakfast permit from the County of Maui does not allow us to cook breakfast for you. Instead we will provide free yogurt, cereal or granola, fresh island fruit, coffee, tea and baked goods from our local bakery for Haiku Cannery Inn B&B guests. Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or strong preferences and we will try to accommodate you.
Meadow Cottage provides coffee as breakfast.
VII. NATURAL PEST CONTROL POLICY: The tropical and subtropical regions of Hawaii are the habitat of many insects and varieties of geckoes. Only ongoing heavy application of toxic pesticides will entirely eliminate geckoes and insects. To avoid excessive use of pesticides, generations of Hawaii residents in these areas have tolerated the presence in and around their homes of two varieties of small (1″ to 3″) house geckoes. These house geckoes, which occur naturally, live on the outsides and sometimes the insides of homes and are beneficial in controlling populations of unwanted insects. Haiku Cannery Inn and Meadow Cottage integrated insect control strategy includes limited pesticide application combined with gecko-based insect control. Guests may encounter occasional geckoes and insects. This is the norm for Hawaii. Haiku Cannery Inn and Meadow Cottage prefer this balanced healthy approach that does not rely on heavy pesticide application and which is based on the experience of generations of Hawaii residents and our 40 years at the property.
NOTE: These policies are subject to change and are not binding until the time of your booking. Violation of these policies is cause to immediately terminate the rental by management and may be with or without refund.
Mahalo and Welcome!
Come visit the Historic Haiku Cannery Inn Bed and Breakfast for a lovely, relaxed and family-friendly place to stay on Maui. We’re your home away from home.
Please note: We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Update Eff. 01/09/14